Bantam rooster breed?

GldnValleyHens

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 21, 2017
Galena, Illinois
CC0F4FEF-D416-4EF3-A2C5-FECC5699800F.jpeg
7DEDD509-29F3-4ED2-9479-44EE3A6C0258.jpeg
So my peeps I got my new roo! Meet little Ricky! Not sure what breed he is, either Japanese or OEG or serama? He seems too small to be a OEG and to big for a serama but IDK. His legs are quite ahort

I was at the fair once and fell in love with roosters because of a little Japanese bantam rooster. I heard a small but loud crow, I went over to the cage and said "you think a whole lot about yourself, don'cha?" and he looked at me and put his wing down and did the dance towards me, and I was hooked.

Can Japanese be mottled like he is? Do they dub Japanese roosters? Thats a sign of a bird being a show bird if I am correct
By the messiness of the cropping of the comb, I suspect that's actually frostbite. Looks Japanese to me... but I've never raised them. That is not an OEG tail.

Cool coloring.

By the messiness of the cropping of the comb, I suspect that's actually frostbite. Looks Japanese to me... but I've never raised them. That is not an OEG tail.

Cool coloring.

X2

Dutch could be a possibility too... definitely not dubbed, at least not on purpose... that's a frostbite dubbing...

Back
Top Bottom