Bantam silkie rooster suddenly can't walk HELP!

lilhens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 1, 2011
My bantam year old silkie rooster named piper suddenly stopped being able to walk. At first we thought he had broken or sprained his leg, but today I decided to give him a bath to soak his leg and found that he seems to be in no pain what so ever and has no ability to move his left leg. He's alert eating and otherwise fine accept for his inability to walk due to his leg. Does anyone have any suggestions of what is wrong? Will he ever walk again? He hasn't been attacked or in any fights. He's a real loveable little man and id really like to see him moving/standing again.
This photo is of him only a few days before he stopped walking.

My silkie rooster (6 months old) is the same way. One day he was walking, the next day he couldn't. He will sit back and his feet will lift off the ground and he leans against the sideds of the cage I have him in for balance (He has been in the house for a week now separated from the rest of his flock). He crows like its nobody's business, he seems to be eating fine. I checked for bumblefoot and couldn't find anything. Treated him for mites and lice just in case. I have been giving him nutridrench and poultry cell in case its a deficiency, and nothing seems to be helping. My only other guess is that maybe since he does not roost on the roosting bars, that maybe one of the hens jumped down on him causing a back injury.

My silkie rooster (6 months old) is the same way. One day he was walking, the next day he couldn't. He will sit back and his feet will lift off the ground and he leans against the sideds of the cage I have him in for balance (He has been in the house for a week now separated from the rest of his flock). He crows like its nobody's business, he seems to be eating fine. I checked for bumblefoot and couldn't find anything. Treated him for mites and lice just in case. I have been giving him nutridrench and poultry cell in case its a deficiency, and nothing seems to be helping. My only other guess is that maybe since he does not roost on the roosting bars, that maybe one of the hens jumped down on him causing a back injury.
hey dude! this is a very old thread with not much activity, I'd recommend starting your own thread in the" Emergencies/diseases/injuries and cures" section of BYC. heres a link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/
the people there will be able to give you great advice much faster! best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom