Bantam & Standard Eggs in same incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by simpsoncj, Mar 4, 2014.

1. simpsoncj

simpsoncj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    Has anyone set both bantam and standard eggs in the same incubator? How/Did it work? Any issues that might arise?
    This will be my first attempt at hatching via an incubator and want to minimize issues, not increase them. But it is a 4H project so I would like to let people hatch the eggs they want!
    CJ

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i just did. had a good hatch too. 26 of 28 . i stopped turning all of them with the bantams. the thing was, i had the temps for the bantams height so i think the big ones kinda "cooked" faster. they all started hatching on the same day but because i had also added more eggs a day and 2 later it was a dragged out hatch .

3. simpsoncj

Dec 27, 2009
    That's great help, thank you so much!
    CJ

4. CarolinaHen

CarolinaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2013
    South Carolina
    I hatch bantam and LF at the same time. I don't change anything I do and the hatches turn out great. Good luck!

5. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] love the avatar. wouldnt mind having that on my wall. might try it myself so if you see me lurking its your avatar im after. hahahahha

6. simpsoncj

Dec 27, 2009
    Hahaha, lurk away! I really love the avatar too. For the life of me I can't remember where I got it!
    CJ

7. simpsoncj

Dec 27, 2009
    Thank you! We are at day 3 and I had to add water for the humidity so I took a moment to candle one of the eggs real quick and saw some red "veiny' looking things!
    CJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by