bantam vs regular chicken eggs

Cardi B

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2022
Can someone post a photo of a bantam egg vs a normal sized egg? Maybe a side by side photo please? Also, if you have any barnyard mixes that are 1/2 bantam can you post a photo and tell me what the bantam is mixed with?

Also, I have a calico bantam Roo. He's adorable but I have no bantam sized hens as someone gave him to me (he was supposed to be a pullet lol) What are the odds that he will be able to fertilize my full size hens? I am thinking I would like to hatch some of his babies out this spring.

Also, I am not sure what color egg he came out of but I think it was a light brown egg. Speaking as far as genetics goes, if he can show the ladies that he is a "real man now" what color would the eggs be? I have a mixed group of hens each lays a different colored egg.
Olive egger
Cream Legbar
Black Copper Maran
Andalusian
Whiting True Blue
Whiting True Green
and a few others brown layers

I have posted a photo of Nugget for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Nugget.jpg
    Nugget.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 41
We got our first Silkie egg yesterday! The cutest little thing! The larger is from my first year RIR. Shown in the carton are various breeds including two duck eggs. You can see the Silkie egg is much smaller. It was her first though too so I assume they will get slightly larger in time as the other breeds did. I’m no help for your other questions!!

Attachments

• 22E066D7-0D32-4AB5-9219-D9F9C90F9A6C.jpeg
    22E066D7-0D32-4AB5-9219-D9F9C90F9A6C.jpeg
    347.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 6B088F2E-DB8B-4117-9B93-7FA3E68E9A3B.jpeg
    6B088F2E-DB8B-4117-9B93-7FA3E68E9A3B.jpeg
    578.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Can someone post a photo of a bantam egg vs a normal sized egg? Maybe a side by side photo please? Also, if you have any barnyard mixes that are 1/2 bantam can you post a photo and tell me what the bantam is mixed with?

Also, I have a calico bantam Roo. He's adorable but I have no bantam sized hens as someone gave him to me (he was supposed to be a pullet lol) What are the odds that he will be able to fertilize my full size hens? I am thinking I would like to hatch some of his babies out this spring.

Also, I am not sure what color egg he came out of but I think it was a light brown egg. Speaking as far as genetics goes, if he can show the ladies that he is a "real man now" what color would the eggs be? I have a mixed group of hens each lays a different colored egg.
Olive egger
Cream Legbar
Black Copper Maran
Andalusian
Whiting True Blue
Whiting True Green
and a few others brown layers

I have posted a photo of Nugget for reference.

Thanks in advance.
My little bitty sebright fertilized our standard Easter and olive eggers without a problem

Back
Top Bottom