Bantam X Large fowl??? HELP

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Brandon97, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Brandon97

Brandon97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Newport, Wales, UK.
    hey its brandon
    I really need to know if you can cross a bantam cockerel with large fowl hens.
    Thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

2. Brandon97

Brandon97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Newport, Wales, UK.
    Also, would the off spring be banty or LF?
    Thanks
    [​IMG]

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Well I had an active Serama roo mating my big hens (FUNNY let me tell ya!) And I tried to hatch out some of the eggs. I DID get one to hatch and it was so cute...A little bigger then a bantam. Then the neighbors dog killed her! [​IMG] It can be done but not sure what you would call it. Mediums maybe?? LOL [​IMG] Thats what my hen was...inbetween.

4. Squishypuff

Squishypuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Kernersville, NC
    The hens may not find the little guy all that impressive... [​IMG]

5. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I had a japanese banty who loved my big BO hens. The chicks they hatched were "in betweeners". Not bantys but not large fowl. I did have one teeney tiny hen but most were medium sized birds.

6. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    my sussex tries many times a day to "get" my banty, but her eggs are not fertile. I started incubating them, but they did nothing. the more i thought about it, though, i don't know what would happen - a half full sized chicken, half banty growing in a banty egg.

regardless, despite many tries, my large fowl is not able to get my banty. HE finishes, but to no avail

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by