Bantam

Hi guys,
so i have this little bantam. In picture you can see that he has problems with walk, his wings and neck are not paralised, even his legs, but he always push his left leg forward and his right leg back. What can I do, is this maybe problem, because of scaly legs? He also eats and drinks with no problem.
Is this maybe caused by scaly legs? maybe last week I had silkie who had simptoms for Marek’s disease but she is walking now
I don’t think he has splaey legs,because he is around 2 years old and before he didn’t have any problem with walking
It's hard to see his legs due to the feathers so do you see evidence of Scaly Leg Mites?

I agree with @DobieLover Marek's disease does come to mind.

I see a lot of corn/scratch scattered on the ground around him - what do you normally feed?
Any food on the ground getting moldy or old?

Photos of his poop would be good.

For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

I would get some poultry vitamins into him that contain B2 (Like Poultry Cell) or you can give him 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with 400IU Vitamin E.
See that his crop is emptying completely overnight too.

Even though he can move his neck, legs, wings, etc. this does not mean it's not Marek's. Splaying of the legs like that is often a symptom of the disease, but the only way to know for sure would be to have necropsy if you happen to lose him.

It's hard to see his legs due to the feathers so do you see evidence of Scaly Leg Mites?

I agree with @DobieLover Marek's disease does come to mind.

I see a lot of corn/scratch scattered on the ground around him - what do you normally feed?

Photos of his poop would be good.

For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

I would get some poultry vitamins into him that contain B2 (Like Poultry Cell) or you can give him 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with 400IU Vitamin E.
See that his crop is emptying completely overnight too.

Even though he can move his neck, legs, wings, etc. this does not mean it's not Marek's. Splaying of the legs like that is often a symptom of the disease, but the only way to know for sure would be to have necropsy if you happen to lose him.
I think he has scaly leg mites,I read that this can cause lameness and other problems with legs

I think he has scaly leg mites,I read that this can cause lameness and other problems with legs
Have you looked? Get some photos of the what the legs/feet look like underneath the feathers please.

Also if you can get some photos of his poop and give a bit more info, that would be good:)

Have you looked? Get some photos of the what the legs/feet look like underneath the feathers please.

Also if you can get some photos of his poop and give a bit more info, that would be good:)
Here are the photos of his legs and of his poop.Emm...his eyes are normal as opposed to those that those with Marek’s,when i put him on the floor his legs just slide apart.(I hope there is nothing worse🤞🏻)

Attachments

• 78256D57-847D-4B89-90E8-E07FBC018EF8.jpeg
    78256D57-847D-4B89-90E8-E07FBC018EF8.jpeg
    441 KB · Views: 4
  • F1F8D648-C4A4-4093-8054-4E5CCB52E925.jpeg
    F1F8D648-C4A4-4093-8054-4E5CCB52E925.jpeg
    486 KB · Views: 4
  • 05B7631B-D4F7-4C82-AE34-96A8DE73098E.jpeg
    05B7631B-D4F7-4C82-AE34-96A8DE73098E.jpeg
    905.4 KB · Views: 4
Here are the photos of his legs and of his poop.Emm...his eyes are normal as opposed to those that those with Marek’s,when i put him on the floor his legs just slide apart.(I hope there is nothing worse🤞🏻)
Yes, he has SLM.
Since this is a rooster, I would use Ivermectin Pour On for treating him. Dose is 0.09 ml per pound of weight applied to the skin at the base of the neck once then repeat in 14 days. The liquid needs to come into contact with the skin.

Also I would rub some vaseline into and underneath the scales of the feet and legs.

Get him on some poultry vitamins as mentioned back in Post#12. I would cut out the scratch or limit it -still don't know what you feed. If the birds are not cleaning up all that scratch that is on the ground, then limit how much you get. Feed gets rancid and moldy laying on the ground, this can cause problems.

There are 4 forms of Marek's disease - one form does affect the eyes. The other ones affect the skin, the nerves (legs/wings/etc.) and internally (tumors). It would still be hard to know why he's having troubles.

Yes, he has SLM.
Since this is a rooster, I would use Ivermectin Pour On for treating him. Dose is 0.09 ml per pound of weight applied to the skin at the base of the neck once then repeat in 14 days. The liquid needs to come into contact with the skin.

Also I would rub some vaseline into and underneath the scales of the feet and legs.

Get him on some poultry vitamins as mentioned back in Post#12. I would cut out the scratch or limit it -still don't know what you feed. If the birds are not cleaning up all that scratch that is on the ground, then limit how much you get. Feed gets rancid and moldy laying on the ground, this can cause problems.

There are 4 forms of Marek's disease - one form does affect the eyes. The other ones affect the skin, the nerves (legs/wings/etc.) and internally (tumors). It would still be hard to know why he's having troubles.
I feed them with corn and i put the corn in a dish and they eat out of it.They start to dig in a dish and some food get out of it so they eat of the floor too.Insted of a Ivermectin can i use maybe warm water and olive oil and at the end i will put some vaselin?

I feed them with corn and i put the corn in a dish and they eat out of it.They start to dig in a dish and some food get out of it so they eat of the floor too.Insted of a Ivermectin can i use maybe warm water and olive oil and at the end i will put some vaselin?
If you aren't going to use Ivermectin, then just apply vaseline to the legs 2-3 times a week.

Do they not eat poultry feed?

If you aren't going to use Ivermectin, then just apply vaseline to the legs 2-3 times a week.

Do they not eat poultry feed?
OK, I will try. My dad buys food at the shop and there they sell food for chicken,ducks...

Attachments

• 3BFE378C-59A9-4E39-8281-DDD18B6CE5FB.jpeg
    3BFE378C-59A9-4E39-8281-DDD18B6CE5FB.jpeg
    208.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom