Bantam

TaysBantamBunch

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 24, 2014
Victoria, Australia
I really wanted to start a bantam thread,I know there's plenty out there however I have 13 pekin bantams of my own and theyre all beautiful. So picture spamming is more than welcome and id love to see what youve got in your barn yard and hear your storys.
Thanks Tay.

Oh, I love Pekin! I do not have chickens yet but am hoping to get some this spring. A friend of mine has bantams, and I am in love with them. I have loved chickens all of my life and liked little things, so bantams are just my perfect fit. Anyway I am sorry I will probably not be a great contributor to this thread, because of the no chicken thing. But I do love reading about other people's bantams, and seeing pics! P.S. My avatar is on of my friends chickens...

Last edited:
Im glad youve decided to part take in this thread,my bantams are all absolutely beautiful,theyre so friendly and loving ,very gentle aswell. It would be great if you got some pekins,would you be getting roosters aswell? P.s im sorry about the name of the thread,I accidently pressed submit..
anyway ill try to post some pictures for you, :)

this is Lola she is one of the two hens who have shared the mother roles to our 6 beautiful chicks :)

I think I would probably get three to start with, two hens and one roo. Someone once told me that i could have three roos and it would be okay, do you know if that is right?I love Lola's coloring! I thought that was a good name for the thread... Do you have hard winters where you are? And ever have to worry about them?

Thats a great idea! I have 2 roosters and 4 hens at the moment however I did have 3 roosters between 4 hens and once they sort out the pecking order it will be all fine, hopefully,the boys know their places, and they know they have to share the girls but sometimes if you dont spend enough time and give enough attention to the other roosters they may become a little skittish and unfriendly toward humans. I really hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom