Bantams, but what kind?

ElCerritoPlace

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
I picked these up at TSC, they order from Townline Hatchery, with a mixed bantam. I believe the chipmunk ones are probably OEG, but I don't know what theses are. Any thoughts? TIA!

The last looks like golden sebright possibly. Do any have feathered legs? 2nd also looks like a possible golden sebright. Maybe someone with more experience will come along.

None have feathering yet, but they just got this shipment of chicks in this morning, so they are day old chicks, or 2 day. Do they hatch with feathered feet?

Yes they hatch with feathered feet. My guess for the last two is golden sebright, im not sure with the first one. It'll be easier to tell when they get a little bigger. They are cute!

They are too cute! One of them definitely has a muff, its more black but not all black and has some red on his face similar to the sebrights, although not as much red. I don't think I posted a picture of that one, I must have missed it. I'll post pics in a couple weeks. Hopefully that will help.

Old english game, thats what my son had last year, but she disappeared one afternoon. Probably due to hawk migration, it was the right time of year. It was the only causality we had. I'm just guessing since this is a little brown chipmunk colored chick. I didn't post a picture of that one. Theres only one of them that has a muff, do all EE bantams have muffs? Because the other 4 unknowns don't have muffs. I'll try to get pics of them all up in a week or so and maybe that will help.

Anyone know about sexing bantams based on wattles and comb at 4 weeks like the standard breeds? Is that possible or do I have to wait longer?

Don't know what chick is what in the original post...sorry They are now just over 2.5 wks

Chick #1 - Sebright? Any sexing tips on sebrights?

chick #2 OEGB, not sure what color BBR? Looks like a cockerel already...

Chick #3 D'anver? its got fluffy cheeks, in fact my kids named it ploofy cheeks

Chick #4 Unknown. No fluffy cheeks, but similar coloring to #3

And my RIR bantam, I think pullet she is almost 4 wks old...

Let me know what your thoughts are! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom