Bantams hatch sooner?

If the temperature stays lower by a degree or two they may be late to hatch. Haven't hatched bantams so not sure if they would hatch sooner or not.

If you're talking about an incubator, anything over 102 degrees usually kills them. Although once I had a kid pull out the temperature sensor and put it back in only half way. It got really hot in there and I couldn't figure out what was wrong until the next day the child told me what happened. A few of the 42 eggs hatched.

I hope your eggs pull through, I have one bantam in my incubator and I kinda hope they hatch a bit sooner.

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope your eggs pull through.

well........... once they went 20 too hot... and once they went 10 too low....

Do you mean the incubator went up to 119? How long did it stay that hot? A spike of a couple minutes might be Ok since the eggs warm and cool more slowly than the air, but that is way too hot for anything to survive for very long.

Sorry your having issues, I haven't tried incubating yet, I'm afraid I'd mess it up.

ya it went up that high... :(
i am not sure how long, but i am thinking only a few minutes, but oh well, they are not alive
hit.gif

i just had some hatching ..i went up to hot as well .my auto turnner motor made a spike in the heat ..but i was able to fix it and ive had 7 hatch as of yet ..hope that helps some :)

Back
Top Bottom