Bantams in the city backyard

Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Haha, Aart, are you from the Netherlands? Actually I didn't name her, but she is named after a Dutch actor Aart Startjes who just died. He is a man, but Aart sort of means earth as well, and we are not so gender oriented, so the woman that named her figured out was a good chicken name.

I live in the Netherlands by the way, and I'll update my profile accordingly.

I will also check in with the people in the "breed or gender" department about the colours. And leave an update here if I find out!

Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Haha, Aart, are you from the Netherlands? Actually I didn't name her, but she is named after a Dutch actor Aart Startjes who just died. He is a man, but Aart sort of means earth as well, and we are not so gender oriented, so the woman that named her figured out was a good chicken name.

I live in the Netherlands by the way, and I'll update my profile accordingly.

I will also check in with the people in the "breed or gender" department about the colours. And leave an update here if I find out!
That was interesting. Now I want to know if Aart is Dutch. :D

Now I want to know if Aart is Dutch.
There are other explanations...but...
"Aart is one of the most artistic Dutch baby names. It is a short form of Arnold. Meaning ‘strong and powerful’ both Aart and Arnold are common in English and German speaking worlds. "

My screen name is just a mix of my initials.

Back
Top Bottom