Bantams or Large Fowl?

Do you prefer bantams or large fowl?

• Total voters
Oh gosh, where to start. My favorite breed ever is LF. You'd get more meat out of an LF bird, as well as larger eggs. I've also never tried a bantam flock in free range, so I can't comment on that. That being said, my first bantam flock has totally won me over. The personality, the cuteness, everything! They were the first birds to go broody on me. Needless to say, they've totally converted me. My favorite breed is still LF, but if we remove that breed, I'd say overall, I'm definitely a bantam person now

I by far prefer bantams for their cuteness, flying abilities and the fact that they require less resources.
That said, free ranging bantams are far more susceptible to predation than large fowl. Hawks and foxes went for my bantam babies first, so now it’s only large fowl on the range.

I love my big fat floofy Orpingtons and massive bearded Ameraucanas, but hands down love my bantams the most. I can have more in my small suburbia lot, they’re so gentle and cute, eat less, destroy less, and easier to handle when sick. I think I will always have a small flock of my big fluffy ladies for eggs and yard art though 😍

Back
Top Bottom