Bantams or not bantams-THAT is the question (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Red&Yellow, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Hi everybody. These six birds are supposedly all pullets and Ameraucanas. They are all five months old, and haven't laid yet. My main question is are they bantams or standard birds? My not-as-important question is if "Ameraucanas" do not have the exact coloring of the standard but everything else is pure, does that make them Easter Eggers? These pullets are from Cackle Hatchery, and the picture on their website shows non-solid, non-standard colors. Is it still Ameraucana?? Here are some pictures. This is Tawnbomb
    [​IMG]
    This is Houdini
    [​IMG]
    This is Frightful
    [​IMG]
    This is Bluebell
    [​IMG]
    This is Fudge
    [​IMG]
    The silver one in the middle is Grayscale
    [​IMG]
    This is Bluebell and Tawnbomb in comparison with a golden-laced Wyandotte and partridge Plymouth Rock in the backround
    [​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Cackle Hatchery means EEs and they look like large fowl. Very pretty though!

3. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    They're EEs, but they sure are pretty!! Look like large fowl to me.

4. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Thanks all! I'm glad, and a little disapointed. (I want broody girls...[​IMG] )

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Red&Yellow :

Thanks all! I'm glad, and a little disapointed. (I want broody girls...[​IMG] )

Get some Cochins or Silkies to go with them...you won't be able to stop the broodiness! I currently have 1 Cochin that just got done raising chicks, a Silkie with chicks, and 2 more Silkies sitting. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by