Bantams!

Lilly10310

Songster
Jun 30, 2021
Hi, so tomorrow I am getting 17 assorted bantam chicks!! I was wondering like what is good about them what is bad about them.
Do they get picked on by my bigger birds? Are they mean? Are they nice? How much do they weigh? Do they get along with each other? Are they good to be in the same pen with turkeys, quail etc? So please tell me all the facts about them!! Thanks!!

Wrong forum for the question, and those questions are all almost too general.

They should not be housed with anything besides other chickens. Turkey's are likely to hurt or kill, and quail can easily injure them or the others around.

They might be picked on by large chickens or they might not, depends on their personality. They might be aggressive or they might not. They might get along with each other or They might not.

Weight is completely uncertain, could be anywhere from a half pound to 2 pounds, depends on breed and sex.

Probably should've started research earlier so you were more prepared. They're usually pretty fragile as chicks, especially if they were shipped and you likely won't know sex until they're over a month or two, longer for certain breeds

A bantam is not a breed, there is so many different types that I don’t think your questions are very answerable

Back
Top Bottom