1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bantamboy, Sep 1, 2014.

1. bantamboy

bantamboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Conway Sc
    Where is the best place to get bantams from. I love the Japanese ones and the sebrights and just all of them really.

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I've ordered bantam chicks in the past from Murray McMurray (Sebrights, Japanese, Cochins, and D'Uccles) and Ideal Poultry (Black Silkies), and while you wouldn't expect to get show quality birds from a hatchery, a pair of Mille Fleur D'Uccles (male and female) that I got in an order from Murray McMurray years ago actually took first place in the Hunt County fair (not just in their own division, but best male and female in show). Who would have ever thought it? No one was any more surprised than I was. :eek:)

3. mbenker

mbenker Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    Alpine, CA 91901
    We have really lovely mottled bantam cochins. They are from show stock and full siblings are just gorgeous and have shown well too. I am really pleased with our breeding stock. Chicks are $10 each. Here is a picture of our Rooster. www.SecretHillsRanch.com thanks for the consideration :)[​IMG]

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    He is a real beauty. The Cochin bantams I used to have were Buff Cochin bantams. They were beautiful too, but not quite as striking as the Mottled ones. Good luck in entering him into shows.

5. RareDuck

RareDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2013
    Ideal Poultry has more different bantams than anyone else I know of..

6. RareDuck

RareDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2013
    Ideal Poultry has more different bantams than anyone else I know of. These are my assorted Silkies[​IMG]when they first arrived 6 weeks ago. They have 8 Silkie colors listed. They have 13 different Cochins + frizzles, 8 D' Uccles (McMurray only has 2), + Sultans, Brahmas, Ameraucana, Japanese, Nankins, Buff Orpingtons, Black Rosecomb, Polish, Buttercups, WFB Spanish, Sebrights, D'Anvers, Dutch, Game, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by