Banty is broody with no eggs

NicInNC

Crowing
16 Years
Jun 23, 2008
North Carolina
My banty lays anywhere from 2-7 eggs a week. I check for an egg each day and remove it.

She's been sitting in her nest for the past 3 days. I removed her egg yesterday. Today, she hasn't laid an egg, but she's continued to sit in her nest as though she's laying on something. I keep taking her out, but she goes straight back in. I feel sorry for her.

We have only one rooster and I have never seen him mate with any of the chickens. He's still pretty young, so I don't know how old they are before they're even capable, but I honestly have never seen him mate.

Will they go broody on eggs that aren't even capable of hatching? What do I do? Will this pass?

your hen can and will go broody even if the eggs arnt fertile just like my hen.you could,that is if you want chicks,buy fertile eggs and let her at it.or if you dont want her going broody leave her alone in a wire cage with food and water.hope this helps,

Cc12

how old are cochins or silkies before they go broody? I have never had a broody hen before.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom