Bare Neck eggs YES! Rhode Islands-No- both 6 months old

TylerBareneckChickens

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2021
Okay So I bought 5 chicks from TS in May. 3 Bare Neck and 2 Rhode Island. The Bareneck have been giving me an egg a day rain or shine for months. The Reds have not, not even 1. They all live together, eat the same, get along, but no eggs from the Reds. The Bare Neckers, well you can walk right up to them and pick them up. The Reds are very skiddish. What is going on with my Reds? Had Reds before. They usually are the good layers. These 2... nothing!! Help???

Attachments

• IMG_1871[1].JPG
    IMG_1871[1].JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1869[1].JPG
    IMG_1869[1].JPG
    811.8 KB · Views: 3
Okay So I bought 5 chicks from TS in May. 3 Bare Neck and 2 Rhode Island. The Bareneck have been giving me an egg a day rain or shine for months. The Reds have not, not even 1. They all live together, eat the same, get along, but no eggs from the Reds. The Bare Neckers, well you can walk right up to them and pick them up. The Reds are very skiddish. What is going on with my Reds? Had Reds before. They usually are the good layers. These 2... nothing!! Help???
Are they cockerels?

They are both relatively small and have more rounded hackle and saddle feathers and being almost 8 months old I would have thought they would be crowing by now. I had a few REDS a few years ago and they were all hens. These are even smaller than those.

Back
Top Bottom