Bare spot below vent on buff Orpington

FirstflockCT

Hatching
Jan 15, 2024
Hi all! This is our first year with chickens and I’ve noticed one hen has a bare spot below her vent and the skin is very pink. She’s otherwise healthy and eating, laying and energetic so I’m not sure what this is. I’d appreciate any guidance!

Thank you!! Yes I attached it below.

Attachments

• IMG_4746.jpeg
    IMG_4746.jpeg
    973.3 KB · Views: 9
The bare spot is caused by urates in feces scalding her skin which leads to redness and inflammation. Keep her rear end clean and free of feces. Apply Nu-Stock to the effected area and it will heal in time. It will also prevent picking by other birds.
You can purchase Nu-Stock at a feed store in the Equine section. Shake the tube well and wear disposable gloves when applying it to the skin.
thnustock.jpg

The bare spot is caused by urates in feces scalding her skin which leads to redness and inflammation. Keep her rear end clean and free of feces. Apply Nu-Stock to the effected area and it will heal in time. It will also prevent picking by other birds.
You can purchase Nu-Stock at a feed store in the Equine section. Shake the tube well and wear disposable gloves when applying it to the skin.
View attachment 3727498
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your help. I’ll get some Nu-stock and clean her up!

Back
Top Bottom