Barn Trouble (Horse People Please Post) -Update on Page 6-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
You need a third horse to keep the one alone company.....I got one I'd be willing to sell. I'd even make a special rate just for you.

Riiiight. These two are terrible. Neither one of us can out without the other.

I have a mare who has to be around other horses. She is settling down more but she has also been moved from our farm to breeding farm to a new farm so I think that has helped to break the overly clingy herd attachment she's had.

She's now out with the annoying mini donkeys. She seems content just to know she's not alone.

I don't know how to truly break the problem though.

It's not a problem unless we are working with them. Duchess is easier than Duke. Duke ONLY responds to me. Everyone else he looks at the like "HAHAHAHA! You want me to do WHAT?"

Quote:
zen is like that for me and buffy for husband - although buff will cooperate for me more than zen for hubby. Pumpkin sometimes needs some schooling but she's pretty good regardless. DH doesn't trust her since she kicked him a year ago. She was in heat, she was moody. I don't hold it against her, I understand the desire to double barrel him too.

OP,I've boarded in many barns over the years, and never have I been treated the way your guy is treating you. The old man clearly has issues that have nothing to do with you, yet he is being abusive to you. It really sounds like he is putting you down so he can feel better about himself--sick. As everyone else has said, GET OUT. You pay this guy to care for your horse, not barrage you with his whacked-out opinions. You DON'T have to take it.

Quote:
Personally, I would have been out of there the first time he opened his mouth.

On occasion I have vamoosed in the hour it took me to load the trailer and with NO idea where we were going. I do not tell other people how to care for or train their horses and woe to the person who tries to tell me! In my world my horses come first. And, no, a contract would not have stopped me. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

JMO

Rusty

Last edited:
I just called up two LOVELY barns who are a great price and I plan to visit them early next week. My board at my current barn is due the 12th of this month I do NOT have a contract, do you think its ok to give less than a 2 week warning if I find a barn ASAP?

Normally I try to give a few weeks notice, but in your case, I think you are justified in leaving ASAP. Is this man just a jerk, or mentally unstable? As in, would he try to retaliate? If you are even slightly unsure, I'd show up with a trailer and tell him you're moving out that day, so long as you are fully paid up to the end of that month.

Last edited:
Quote:
At this point, the last thing I'd be worried about would be inconveniencing this guy, or hurting his feelings. If you find a better situation, go for it!

Quote:
its not like you are leaving a job for another and need to worry about refrences..I wouldnt say a thing until I was heading out the drive..and if he asks why you are leaving,,tell him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom