Barn yard mix Hatch-A-Long

Is your Barred Rock a rooster or hen?
A hen.
Also, I would suggest setting more than just two eggs at a time, if possible, just in case one hatches and the other doesn’t. Otherwise, you may get stuck with just one chick by itself. Having to raise single chicks is the worst.
Oh, would it be too late for me to add a few more eggs? They have been in for 3 days.
Oh cool, sexlinks are fun.
Ooh! Barred rock/RIR are sexlinked?

Oh, would it be too late for me to add a few more eggs? They have been in for 3 days.
Yes, it is probably too late for those, I meant for future reference, so when you set those two eggs on Monday, I would throw in a few extra along with them.
Ooh! Barred rock/RIR are sexlinked?
Any solid colored rooster x a barred hen = a sexlink. Cockerels will hatch out with dots on their heads (indicating barring), and pullets will be solid colored.

Yes, it is probably too late for those, I meant for future reference, so when you set those two eggs on Monday, I would throw in a few extra along with them.
If I put the eggs in on Monday would I have to turn them myself when the other two go into lock down. They would all be in the same incubator.
Any solid colored rooster x a barred hen = a sexlink. Cockerels will hatch out with dots on their heads (indicating barring), and pullets will be solid colored.
:clap

Back
Top Bottom