Barred hens... breed?

jenndk

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 26, 2013
Oklahoma
I thought they were Barred Rocks, but I read those are supposed to have yellow legs? These have sort of pink/pearl colored legs. Two of them we got together, and they sort of have more of a silverish color to them, especially around their heads. The other one (there were two but one passed away I posted about it on another thread) has darker bars than those two, but still has the pink/pearl colored legs. All have single combs. We have know idea how old they are or their background. The two sort of silvery ones have been laying eggs, it seems like they are laying an egg each every other day. The other one I think layed an egg with no shell last night... it was on the coop floor near her.

Cuckoo marans have white legs (which are almost a pearl/pink color).Try searching them on google to see if it's a match.

Last edited:
Cuckoo marans have white legs (which are almost a pearl/pink color).Try searching them on google to see if it's a match.

Thanks, I will look and see if they are similar.
I forgot to mention, that the two that are laying, the eggs are a very light brown.

Here are the two that sort of have the silverish coloring around their heads. I don't have a pic of the other girl yet and this pic isn't that good.

They're mixed breed birds with some barred ancestry. That's similar to the look I've gotten when I've bred my black sex link rooster to solid hens.

Back
Top Bottom