Barred Owl - Should I worry?

This is effin' amazing! Do you mind if I ask what state you live in? It seems like Celeste is very much attached to you. Did you happen to offer a shrimp the other night? :cool:
Maybe she was sent to look over you and your birds. She is absolutely beautiful.:hugs
Please keep us posted on what all is going on with Celeste.

This is effin' amazing! Do you mind if I ask what state you live in? It seems like Celeste is very much attached to you. Did you happen to offer a shrimp the other night? :cool:
Maybe she was sent to look over you and your birds. She is absolutely beautiful.:hugs
Please keep us posted on what all is going on with Celeste.

I live in Texas. I gave shrimp peels to the chickens today but peeled the shrimp yesterday. She watched me peel the shrimp through the kitchen window. My chickens (most of them, not all) love shrimp peels.

An owl fight has got to be vicious.

With Celeste, I don't know what's going on. She's here alone with the birds literally all day. My birds are all free ranging birds and are only put up at night. My 2 months old roo would be easy to get, but she's only watched him grow. She just watches and listens.

Today, though, Celeste waited for me as usual on her favorite branch, and then she did something odd. She spread out her wing and tail feathers making herself look like a giant oval. Then, she laid flat down on the branch in this angel pose, and she stayed like this for several minutes before going back to how she usually sits. I tried taking a picture, but my camera card was full. I was able to take a cellphone picture, however.

View attachment 1141537 I've never seen a bird do this. She waited until I sat down to talk to her then made a big production of it, the oval then the angel. Afterwards she started grooming then watched me give everyone treats.
My husband and I both think that looks like attack mode. like a cat getting ready to pounce lol

Just lovely! My birds (timneh african grey and budgie) get in that position when they want to fly to me.

I didn't know chickens can have shrimp peels. I know know we've had dogs around our neighborhood die from eating them so I dont give them to the chickens out of caution.

An owl fight has got to be vicious.

With Celeste, I don't know what's going on. She's here alone with the birds literally all day. My birds are all free ranging birds and are only put up at night. My 2 months old roo would be easy to get, but she's only watched him grow. She just watches and listens.

Today, though, Celeste waited for me as usual on her favorite branch, and then she did something odd. She spread out her wing and tail feathers making herself look like a giant oval. Then, she laid flat down on the branch in this angel pose, and she stayed like this for several minutes before going back to how she usually sits. I tried taking a picture, but my camera card was full. I was able to take a cellphone picture, however.

View attachment 1141537 I've never seen a bird do this. She waited until I sat down to talk to her then made a big production of it, the oval then the angel. Afterwards she started grooming then watched me give everyone treats.

She was squatting for you!

She does watch my chickens and ducks all day, every day. She may have been.

Today! She waited for me on the lowest branch only 6'3" off the ground! I was close enough to touch her foot but didn't dare! I talked to her for about an hour as we stared at each other. I'm usually not one for selfies, but I couldn't resist. I was still afraid to have my back to her, so I stepped away a bit to take it with my phone. All phone photos.

IMG_20170921_170606.jpg
IMG_20170921_172738.jpg
IMG_20170921_171103.jpg
IMG_20170921_173137.jpg

Back
Top Bottom