Barred Rock, 11 weeks old, girl, right????

Quote:
Its sooo funny everyone with their wisdom on the sex of the birds, I have 1 that looks exactly like this one but its wattles >was corrected on the spelling of this< are nearly non-exsistant and the comb is nowhere near as red as the other 2 i have. Maybe i'll go take another pic of "her" today and see what everyone says.

Quote:
Its sooo funny everyone with their wisdom on the sex of the birds, I have 1 that looks exactly like this one but its wattles >was corrected on the spelling of this< are nearly non-exsistant and the comb is nowhere near as red as the other 2 i have. Maybe i'll go take another pic of "her" today and see what everyone says.

Here is a pic of my pullet, you can see the color difference in the sexes...at 8 weeks old. Notice how dark she is, compared to the roo?
68634_dsc_0038-1.jpg

good luck...I bought 9 chicks, 5 were BR, 4 were Australorp, they ALL ended up being roos, not pullets...so NOW I have 16, all different breeds, all but 2 are pullets!

Last edited:
I say roo as well since the legs are all yellow, Barred Plymouth Rocks hens will have light yellow with dark grey legs and the roos will have dark yellow with no dark grey legs, also the roos will have a larger white patch on their heads as checks too.

LOL, I'm going to say cockeral, because the bird is less than a year old.
wink.png
But yes, terminology aside, it's male. The males have wider white bars, the females have wider black bars.

Back
Top Bottom