1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred rock and Silkie eggs for sale in GA ships 4-1

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Barnyard, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I will have 12+ Barred Rock eggs ready to ship Monday 4-1 for $25 shipping included. These birds are excellent layer's of medium brown eggs. Great personality's, very gentle.
    A few hens
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will also have 6+ Silkie eggs to ship Monday 4-1 For $15 shipping included. I have 4 Blue hens from Bamachickens stock, a Buff splash hen, a sizzle roo, and Blue roo from Maria Martin's stock. These birds are great little broody's.

Sizzle Roo
    [​IMG]
    Blue Hen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Buff Splash Hen
    [​IMG]
    Blue Roo
    [​IMG]

I do accept paypal.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Can you explain the buff splash hen to me? I'm a bit confused.

3. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Quote:I was a bit confused about her color to. I took a picture with me to show Bamachicken and she told me that she was a Buff Splash. I can take a better picture of her if I need to so that you can see better. She is not a splash though, She does have the buff coloring coming through. Sorry I can not tell you more.

4. Poulets De Cajun

I bet she is the result of a buff to splash breeding. A few years ago, I think there were some breeders who bred buffs to splash to produce buff birds with less color. So instead of buff birds with black in the tail and wings, they ended up with buffs with blue in the tail and wings.

I bet she is a splash with the buff "overcoat" if you will... hmm, interesting. I'd like to see one in person.

5. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    You would surely know more than I would. So I take your word for it. I will try to get you some better pics in a few.

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I can't see the pics very well from my phone. But I believe the roo you have from me is actually a blue boy. If he were splash, he would be a whitish-silver with darker splotches. I will try to post a pic later of a splash. I don't have any grey. So it can't be grey. But I do have lots of blue, so he is most likely blue!

Marie

7. Barnyard

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I thought he was blue to, but when I showed him to Bamachicken she said grey splash [​IMG] I am glad you came around and told me.

8. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    You're welcome. I just have some light blue birds which is not as common.

Marie

9. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:I dont know that there is such a thing as grey splash, unless its a developmental color that I'm not aware of...

10. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I believe you are right. But I am no expert.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by