barred rock chickens 2.5 months

Quote:
Nope.Those are all hens.
big_smile.png
smile.png

Quote:
I love it too.I don't have any chickens at the moment but I used to have a baby BR.We gave her away:(And the farm went out and sold her...I think.
sad.png
:rolleyes:When I heard they sold 3 out of my 13 chicks we gave away(keeping 0
sad.png
),I said if they sold my BR,I'd destroy the farm.
lol.png
I'm making myself laugh although that isn't funny.
sad.png
I also posted in the Buy Sell Trade forum,asking for BR hens.No luck.:(If you have some to sell,please go to my thread.It's called:
"Want to buy BR NY-no roos"
Someone offered me thier baby BR on another thread so i knew if I didn't create a thread desinged for those offers,I'd get offer all over the forum!

When I posted before, there was only one picture to look at. Looking at them now, I say they look like females. And sorry to burst your bubble, but in barred rocks, their plumage color is a great way to tell sex.

Dustin is correct, though I own one exception, my Lexie, and lockedhearts owns another, a cockerel out of one of the hens I used to have (also now owned by lockedhearts) who is extremely dark. He kept us guessing for literally months on end, he is so dark. His mother was my darkest BR hen, but we never expected a boy like this one.

Check their legs. Hens have dark legs and roos. have yellow legs I have been old. My hen and roos that are barred rock are marked that way.

Back
Top Bottom