Barred Rock chicks

Agreed with ES4L.  If you do a thread search re: sexing barred rock chicks, you should find some pics that will give you a good idea if they are indeed pullets.  How old are they?  Info re: # of chicks, size of enclosure, heat source if any, amount of heat if any provided, and temp at both ends of the enclosure if you are providing heat.  Also, Pic of "molting" chicks would be helpful.  Do a very careful inspection for signs of mites and lice.  Especially check vent, under wings. 

I am working this afternoon, so will try to figure out how to upload some pictures tomorrow. I don't provide heat, they didn't have any when I purchased them, this is Florida! I will check for Mites before I get ready for work, thanks so much! They are approx 2.5- 3.5 weeks old now, that is I bought them on the 11th and they were only a few days old then, maybe a week.

They are in a large sterlite at night with a mesh cover inside the coop, during the day I have a baby bird run, fully enclosed with mesh about 2.5 ft by 5 ft and 3 ft high. I keep a cat carrier in there for them to hide and rest. I'll post a picture tomorrow of that set up, too.

Arrrrg, would rather stay here today and not go to work.... Well only 4 hours, I'll tough it out!
1f60f.png

Kris

Back
Top Bottom