Barred Rock gender

We ordered from Meyer's this fall and when I asked they said they have a 100% sex guarantee. If it is supposed to be a pullet they will replace it for free. We ordered 5 pullets and the "meal maker" and it was also a girl.
I did have a great experience with them, besides my EE becoming a he. I pretty sure the other 6 are girls. I would order from them again.
I just got the chicks from my feed store this last time because they had the breed I wanted, I didn’t have to mess with the post office. Plus, my chicks were way cheaper because I didn’t pay the 35 dollar shipping fee.
My new chicks are barred rocks from ideal(that’s who feed store uses) and I’m very happy with the new chicks also and it’s looking like they are all girls like they are supposed to be.

We ordered from Meyer's this fall and when I asked they said they have a 100% sex guarantee. If it is supposed to be a pullet they will replace it for free. We ordered 5 pullets and the "meal maker" and it was also a girl.
Meyer only refunds the difference between a pullet and cockeral, so if the pullet is 4 and the cockeral is three, you get a buck and they only guarentee 90% accuracy. You were given false information.

I did have a great experience with them, besides my EE becoming a he. I pretty sure the other 6 are girls. I would order from them again.
I just got the chicks from my feed store this last time because they had the breed I wanted, I didn’t have to mess with the post office. Plus, my chicks were way cheaper because I didn’t pay the 35 dollar shipping fee.
My new chicks are barred rocks from ideal(that’s who feed store uses) and I’m very happy with the new chicks also and it’s looking like they are all girls like they are supposed to be.
I want to try My Pet Chicken. Heard great things and they do have a 100% gender quarantine. Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, but that they try and they refund the full price when you don't get what you ordered. Problem, though, 7 bird minimum order.

Oh, F! I see wattles starting. 17 days old, so much for hoping he's a pullet. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that ee, but it's looking like my pullet order is at least 50% roo. This combined with getting the meyer meal maker, which I didn't want(and really can't handle the extra bird right now, especially a roo) and getting a black copper marans instead of the golden cockoo maran that I ordered has me extremely perturbed with Meyer right now. The last batch I got from them arrived very lethargic and I lost 4 out of 14. This is a TERRIBLE track record.

Yup. Still some hope :) You need a vet for the implant. They are literal lifesavers, though.
Oh, F! I see wattles starting. 17 days old, so much for hoping he's a pullet. Hopefully, I'm wrong about that ee, but it's looking like my pullet order is at least 50% roo. This combined with getting the meyer meal maker, which I didn't want(and really can't handle the extra bird right now, especially a roo) and getting a black copper marans instead of the golden cockoo maran that I ordered has me extremely perturbed with Meyer right now. The last batch I got from them arrived very lethargic and I lost 4 out of 14. This is a TERRIBLE track record.
take a picture. Mine had wattles starting at that age. Just flesh colored though.

Oh, really. Wow. I new BRs were a faster developing breed, but I would have never thought that fast. Comb looks like its starting to pop too. My brahma cockerals were much, much older before they got wattles. I'll look again in the morning and try to get a pic.

I did not mark it; they just sent it. In fact there wasn`t an option to check; I think at that time the were just sending them. I'm guessing I'm not the only one that told them I was pi $$ed about it. No where in the process did it tell me there would be an extra chick. I opened the shipping confirmation about 2 hours before they arrived and saw it on that. I even mentioned in a phone call with them that morning that I couldn't wait a week for shipment because I only wanted 3 chicks and the minimum order went up the next week...she said nothing about an extra chick.

Definitely pink wattles. Comb may be turning already too, but I can't tell for sure yet. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a cockeral. Suspending disbelief on the ee for another week or two, but the color pattern is looking more male by the day. Other things say male as well. Thought male, for the ee, by day 3.

Back
Top Bottom