Barred Rock/Light Brahma crosses?

WooingWyandotte

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Arkansas
I have this 10 week old rooster, he does not look to be pure Brahma, has some white/black feathering on legs but not much, and the back feathers have some black barring. Is this a pure Brahma? If not I would love to know more about crosses between Brahmas an Barred Rocks. Here's a picture to help
smile.png

88607_brahmarooorhen_004.jpg

Can't really tell from your pic. But I really don't think that he is crossed with barred rock. I don't claim to be a genetics expert. A barred rock male over light brahma female would give both barred males and females. If you reverse the cross you should get all barred males. Your bird is not barred, I think he is probably a hatchery light brahma. A lot of times with hatchery type birds they are far from what they are supposed to look like. Hope this helps, if you can post another pic.

Thanks
smile.png
Yes, he is a hatchery chick. I know he is definitely not from a breeders farm. So the 'barred' look on his feathers is the result of bad breeding?

I have this 10 week old rooster, he does not look to be pure Brahma, has some white/black feathering on legs but not much, and the back feathers have some black barring. Is this a pure Brahma? If not I would love to know more about crosses between Brahmas an Barred Rocks. Here's a picture to help
smile.png

This is a picture of my Light Brahma rooster crossed with a barred rock hen:

smile.png

we have the same bird. we crossed barred rocks rooster with a brahma and this looks just what we have great bird

Back
Top Bottom