Barred rock not laying... sick?

No swelling, but I did notice some feather pins coming in on her underside. The other girls didn't really have them... Maybe this is all it is! I thought they wouldn't molt until next year. She's also the largest of them. Thanks everyone for your advice! This site is the best.
I have birds who molt 2x a year, and I have one who molts every 2 years. They make no sense.

No swelling, but I did notice some feather pins coming in on her underside. The other girls didn't really have them... Maybe this is all it is! I thought they wouldn't molt until next year. She's also the largest of them. Thanks everyone for your advice! This site is the best.
She's probably molting then.

I have 6 chickens, 3 bantam eggers and 3 barred rocks. They will be 1 on November 1st. They all started laying in the spring and have continued laying prolifically... except for one. One of my barred rocks, a couple weeks ago, just stopped laying. She's not broody. She has access to egg shell and oyster shell, layer pellets and free ranges all day. I've given electrolytes a couple times weekly. I'm in GA and it's HOT! They've had DE recently as well.
She acts normal, eats and hangs with the flock. The only difference is her comb is floppy and the other barred rock girls are nice a perky.
I'm a little concerned. I thought it was the heat, but the other girls are fine. Any advice?
I wanted to give a quick update. Violet laid her first egg in 2.5+ months today! I had given up, but it seems she's back on track.

Back
Top Bottom