Barred Rock Photos

Here's my accidental rooster, Zo, sitting on my arm back in October. He's a real sweetie.
35536_zoarm.jpg

Quote:
What? No introduction for the little "buff something" also sitting on your lap? Too bad we can't see her too! That's quite a lap full to say the least! There's nothing quite like a chicken lap blanket, is there?
lol.png

Okay, here's another photo from that day. It was a little chilly, so they were quite interested in warming their feet. That looks like Willow in the front, and Drusilla and Glory at the back, three of my four buff brahma bantams. Love those chicken lap blankets! Sometimes all eight of them pile on at the same time.
35536_p1010890.jpg

Wow! Now that there is a true chicken lap blanket!!
gig.gif
love.gif
Love it!! Thanks for sharing more pictures of your flock! More! More!! MOOOOORREE! Please!
yippiechickie.gif

Wow , There are alot of "buff somethings"

Hey! In my own defense, all I could see was a fluffy butt of the buff!
lau.gif
Your Bantam Buff Brahma's look remarkably like my "mutt" hen that I have been told is everything from a speckled susex (highly doubtful) to a Golden Brahma, to
hu.gif
who knows what else...a definite mutt to be sure...but your BBB's look nearly identical to Brewenna...just much smaller...Brew tips the scales at just under 9 pounds!
th.gif

Chicken lap blanket!! Very nice way to stay warm and a lap full of beauties. I'm still partial to those black and white stripes and I think the rooster is gorgeous!!

Maybe your "mutt" has some brahma - the regular size ones are pretty big! Mine are smaller than the frozen cornish game hens I saw at the grocery store yesterday.
tongue.png

Anyway, here's a few more photos, cuz I love to show off my babies. I don't actually have a photo that has all 8 of them in any way where you could tell - usually it's just a big clump of various colored feathers when they're all near each other. I'll keep it a bit BR-centric so as not to totally hijack the thread. Here's how Zo started out, back when we thought he was a she, and his name was Zoe. It's the ceremonial first-day portrait.
35536_zbaby.jpg

This is my favorite photo of him - he went through this really awkward delayed feathering where he looked like a tiny pterodactyl most of the time. You can see the others in the background are all fully feathered out.
35536_ptero.jpg

And this one is from a couple day ago. The Red Star is Scarlet. She's one of the 3 packing peanuts we ordered, planning to give to a farm down the road. But we kept all three, in theory because Zo wasn't going to be our main egg-producer. But it's mostly because nobody else would spoil them as much as we do.
35536_zoscarlet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom