Barred Rock Roo/RIR mix

My roo is a barred rock. My hens are all red sexlink, or red stars as some call them. I have been hatching their eggs in my incubators. I will take some pics and post them tomorrow. I currently have, (at my location), 7 black chicks with a white spot on their heads and a silver/blue color on their chest and belly, and 4 yellow/white chicks with black spots on them. More eggs hatching between now and 7/23/12.

A friend hatched 40-50 eggs from my hens less than a week ago. We have these chicks for sale if anyone is interested. We will ship.

Contact me (Tim) at [email protected]

does anyone know what the cockrells will look like when fully grown,,from RIR, and barred plymouth rock?,,,,likewise RIR with a white leghorn,,also with this breeding can you make cinamen queen coloured hens n cocks?

iam new here,also to chicken breeding,,,so any pm,s on this (breeding) would be welcome.craig,,X

does anyone know what the cockrells will look like when fully grown,,from RIR, and barred plymouth rock?,,,,likewise RIR with a white leghorn,,also with this breeding can you make cinamen queen coloured hens n cocks?

iam new here,also to chicken breeding,,,so any pm,s on this (breeding) would be welcome.craig,,X

Which are males and which are females in the crosses?

Tim

Ok first little hint when talking of crossing up two breeds; the way you list them is male breed over the female breed in genrerality sake and for the obvious reason is, well you get the picture of the action taking place too LOL(this for sure makes a difference when talking chicken colors)

RIRx BR = RIR male x BR female this combo is a popular sex link cross and is explained in depth on here and most hatchery sites Look up Black sex-links or commonly known as BSLs

On the opposite cross BRxRIR= all barred progeney

The RIRx Wt. Leghorn could give either a mostly white bird both sexes with black feathering here and there throughout the plumage or if the strain Wt. Leg. is of a dominant white variety you could end up with a red sex-link looking type offspring where the males are more white with a little red in the pyle area(red-pyle) the females will look like a GSL(golden/red sexlink).

Wt. leg.x RIR = an mostly all white bird in either sex may have black spotting throughout plumage or all white.

Jeff

Last edited:
male will be RIR,,,im just interested to see how they will come out,,esp rir barredf p rock cross,,,anyone have pictures of this?

Back
Top Bottom