Barred Rock Roo?

sbs

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
Pasadena,Ca.
3chicks090413wb.jpg

Here are my 3 girls as of today. still wondering if the Barred Rock is a Roo?

Is that the same BR you sent me a pic of? This one looks like a pullet, but the one you sent me very definitely looks boyish. Could be the flash on your camera making it look lighter. Really,when sexing BRs, natural light is best.

Yes this is the same one I sent you a picture of before. Both pictures were taken with a flash. Do you think its accurate enough to tell?

You may have one of those in-betweeners, but the pic in this thread looks like a pullet. The one you PMd me looks much lighter colored, probably due to the flash. I think you may have to wait a week or so, till more wing feathers come in.

Truth be told, leg color is the least reliable in sexing BRs. You simply must take all three traits, headspot, down color and leg color together to make your educated guess. Even then, some do not read the rule book.

Well I guess I will take more photos in a week and see if we can tell any better.
My DH is a photographer , so we set the chicks up on a white back round separately then he put them all together in photoshop. The coloring in this photo of the BR is more true to life than the pictures I sent you Speckledhen.

Back
Top Bottom