Barred Rock sexing? 4-5 wks

chicksdontmeow

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2016
Illinois
So my chicks are getting pretty big and all of them almost have all of their feathers in. I noticed two of the chicks have longer tail feathers, they're bigger than the other three and I think I've heard one of them try to crow. Any opinions?

Last edited:
We've got several almost 4 weeks old. It is so hard to tell except two are much darker so they are girls. The rest have some black on the legs with varried comb development so most of them are 50/50 to us. Sorry this doesn't help, just wanted to share the frustration that some are just hard to know at this age

It's weird...in the last pic, the one closest to the camera looks like a cockerel...maybe it's just me.

Post pics again in a couple weeks. Enjoy those beauties!

Hey I am New member u had a heritage hen her name was itty bitty she was and is my BEST FRIEND she died March 10 of this year and I've been lost with out her I have a malican grey game rooster he's beautiful name Caspian but I CALL him To roo roo I recently have welcomed another feathered baby to my family I TELL EVERYONE THERE NOT CHICKENS THERE FAMILY but any way I have a barred rock baby chick named Eternity about 4-5 weeks old I need to know if I have boy or girl so I know safety measures to take with my rooster he's very territorial and I don't want Eternity hurt if it's boy please HELP

Some pictures of all the girls (maybe?). This is the first time I've taken proper photos of them all individually. Still don't have names for them yet, so for now they're just numbered.

Back
Top Bottom