Barred Rock - Too much personality for small flock needs a new home

I got my first barred rock this year. Boy oh boy. I heard they had personality but wasn't prepared. She jumped on my lap her first day here. She led my flock across the road (which they have never ever done) and my ducks who have always been a little bossy with my hens are terrified of her! It hurts to hand feed her as well. Haha great breed but yes very strong personalities

Hahaha 🤣 Leader of the pack! I'm adding a few more to my flock later this year when they've grown enough... they're currently in the brooder. I have one that is already showing some serious dominance for a little over a week old! The hope, fingers crossed, is maybe she will balance our BR and flock out a pinch.
I hope she does!!! Yes mine is just a pullet in a flock of old hens! Good luck to you!!

I have a 2 year old barred rock that is too strong willed and bossy for our small flock of 3. Good layer and lap sitter. She needs to be re-homed as I would prefer not to cull. La Crosse, WI area.
I would love to have your barred rock but we live in southwest Virginia. If you still have her, could you check on shipping cost and we could pay it. Our barred rock went to our county petting zoo last two years but a dog recently killed her.

I would love to have your barred rock but we live in southwest Virginia. If you still have her, could you check on shipping cost and we could pay it. Our barred rock went to our county petting zoo last two years but a dog recently killed her.
I appreciate the sentiment but I'm not willing to ship her. I hope you find a good fit for your county petting zoo!

I got my first barred rock this year. Boy oh boy. I heard they had personality but wasn't prepared. She jumped on my lap her first day here. She led my flock across the road (which they have never ever done) and my ducks who have always been a little bossy with my hens are terrified of her! It hurts to hand feed her as well. Haha great breed but yes very strong personalities
Hahaha 🤣 Leader of the pack! I'm adding a few more to my flock later this year when they've grown enough... they're currently in the brooder. I have one that is already showing some serious dominance for a little over a week old! The hope, fingers crossed, is maybe she will balance our BR and flock out a pinch.

Back
Top Bottom