barred rock X buff Orpington

rabbitguy

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 8, 2013
New to chicken breeding. What would a barred rock male crossed to a female buff Orpington be? Vice versa?

BR male over BO hen will give you all black chicks with a headspot. so no sex links here

a BO male over a BR hen will give you sex links, Males will have a white headspot and females will be all black
my girls had gold/rust color right around their beaks. Turned out to be really pretty gold and black, have two that started laying tiny pullet eggs at 16 weeks.

my girls had gold/rust color right around their beaks. Turned out to be really pretty gold and black, have two that started laying tiny pullet eggs at 16 weeks.
I was telling him how they would hatch, and at hatch all of them will be black with a headspot if he use a BR over a BO hen.. now the BO have very strong columbian restrictors and this will ofcourse make them show lots of ground color, be it gold or silver when adults

I was telling him how they would hatch, and at hatch all of them will be black with a headspot if he use a BR over a BO hen.. now the BO have very strong columbian restrictors and this will ofcourse make them show lots of ground color, be it gold or silver when adults
that makes more sense; there were a couple pure black in the hatch but I sold them so not sure but there were probably pullets. All of the ones that had black and white were all boys. They are very fast growing and were big enough to eat at 3 months

Back
Top Bottom