Bartlesville, OK laws?

srd5757

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 8, 2012
Manhattan, Ks
Does anyone know Bartesville, Oklahoma's chicken laws? My sister is moving there and is wanting to get chickens once they are settled in... just wondering if anyone knew, as I don't see Bartlesville on the list on here.
TIA

Sec. 3-5. - Livestock and domestic fowl.
hyperlink.png

A.
No person shall allow or permit any livestock to graze or be herded in the streets, alleys, parking lots, and parks within the city.
B.
It is unlawful for any person to construct or maintain a poultry house or pen for the raising or keeping of chickens or any other poultry within one hundred (100) feet of any house or building used for residential purposes, situated on any adjoining lot or plot of ground, in the city.
C.
It is the duty of the owner or person in charge of such domestic fowl to keep the same securely confined in a suitable pen, coop, building, or enclosure. Any such fowl found running at large shall be deemed prima facie evidence that the owner or person in charge has failed to comply

Hello everyone, I live in Bartlesville and have been on and off this site since at least 2008. Soon, people of Bville are going to be asking the City Council to legalize backyard chickens. I am moving, but want to help some where I can, so please sign this online petition if you live in the area:
https://www.change.org/petitions/th...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

I have put up some fliers, and am trying to get some letters of support from local businesses. If you own a business here or know of anyone that does and would write a support letter, please let me know.

There is a fb group "Bartlesville Backyard Chicken Movement", if you would like to join there and keep up date. Also, they need help getting signatures paper petitions at the county fair, farmer's market, etc.

Thank you
Lashawn

Back
Top Bottom