Basics of blues...

They do and have weeded out the single comb in many lines. Hatchery lines don't care and will always have sports.

Other than that article where are we hearing of this horrid fertility problem of rose combed birds? It's not of such concern to purposely detriment the standard by willingly introducing single comb to a flock.

Other than that article where are we hearing of this horrid fertility problem of rose combed birds? It's not of such concern to purposely detriment the standard by willingly introducing single comb to a flock.
Just that article? How about doing a quick search for "The metabolic activity of spermatozoa from RR Wyandotte roosters" and "Subfertility of Roosters Homozygous for the Rose Comb Allele"

You will find a plethora of search done decades ago and recent research too.

And here at BYC, a rather popular broad base community, we are simply inundated with the cries of infertility in rose comb flocks.

Sarcasm aside, my point is it's not a problem to the extent of forgoing the standard. Rose comb flocks should be RR not Rr. Your stance is that it is an epic problem and one should intentionally breed Rr. My stance is no you should not. I agree to completely disagree on your view.

Back
Top Bottom