Basket Show August 2, 2009 Fair Grounds Farmington Maine

I sort of wish I did but I raise the blue laced red wyandottes and they are not a recognized color. I should just bring one for "show and tell"

Wow, what a long day yesterday
smile.png

Well, she has a limit at this show
wee.gif

Got to figure it all out. But her Dark Cornish hen for sure, she should have some feathers by than, been moulting big time, but that's a good thing cause she broke a couple of feathers in the show cage at the Boston show.

Buff Silkie or 2, Indian Runners and maybe a couple of D'Anvers and modern games. Will have to see who's in condition a little closer, love this one don't have to have the enteries in, in advance so less to have to scratch if the look awful.
big_smile.png

I'm sure she will bring Bobby (Salmon Faverolle) too, just cause he pretty much goes to all the shows, they aren't having a showmenship but her and bobby go hand and hand...

Geesh for sale, lots!!!!! She will probably have Silkies (mostly splash & blacks), Faverolles, Indian Runners, trying to talking her into letting a pair of young modern games go. I'm sure there will be a few other before than.

Well, off to skowhegan after we finish cleaning chicks
clap.gif

Quote:
I'm bringing a bunch of young bantam cochin cockerels and some pullets to sell - blue, black cockerels and three buff pullets.

I have to bring a blue roo, a black mottled roo, his two mottled hens and my two black mottled pullets to be tested since they are new to my flock.

I'll wash everybody and decide who to enter - since I only have one breed, I can only enter five
big_smile.png

I'd love to enter Scooter but I honestly don't know a thing or where to begin.

Thanks PRF and I never got a single photo of them. Ugh.
It was super seeing you also, looking forward to the next tempting bird that we need....LOL.
I'm looking for someone in my area that would love a Russian Orloff roo???

Quote:
Introducing "Tara" she is new and just growing out her mohawk, a Brabanter girl. The little roo is still plain looking with head fuzz. Hope to show off his hairdoo as soon as he grows it. You know how us girls are...first to mature (JK!!)

9241_hightight_right.jpg

Isn't she a riot!

she's wicked cute- now if they'd just make a chicken that looked like that grownup.
I'd got frizzle eggs incubating. can't wait to see what hatches.

That is what she will look like grown up! Brabanters have muffs, the hens have mohawks and the roo has tossled looking head dress with feathers, also I believe they have the "devils" comb, can't recall which bird it is, black and so wicked handsome.
Some of this breed of Brabanters are cream with spots. I cannot wait til they grow up, I'd like to show the pair if possible.
Also these are on the endangered list.
According to a young 4-Her in Oregon, wicked smart individual, says that Ideal seems to be the only one that sends this breed out. The next issue was that it seems as though new blood lines are needed to keep a strong breed.
I have one guy I want to call here in Maine that might know something and possibly give the information on to the young person.
Awful, I do not know sex, age, and don't need to. Playswithfowl is the name and a smart cookie!
TTYL! Sunshining!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom