Basket Show August 2, 2009 Fair Grounds Farmington Maine

Quote:
Oh, you should. Sarah's going to bring Bobby and he's not great quality at all, she just can't seem to be without him no matter where we go. Bobby hardly ever gets a bath, she keeps him clean, of course being in the house he has to be
smile.png
She just washes his feet, touches up his comb and puff he's done. Giving them a bath is actually easier than most dogs we've done, they hardly ever move.

Don't know anyone with those. Been having a hard enough time finding one Dorking and one Houdan. Sarah just needs one of each for her public speaking. Just ordered some hatching eggs so will see how they do.

Quote:
Introducing "Tara" she is new and just growing out her mohawk, a Brabanter girl. The little roo is still plain looking with head fuzz. Hope to show off his hairdoo as soon as he grows it. You know how us girls are...first to mature (JK!!)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/9241_hightight_right.jpg

Isn't she a riot!

I had to look that one up, what a funky looking adult chicken- I like them (no I don't want the roo)

Well, long story short...I hatched 2 chicks that turned out to be 1 roo chick and 1 Tara. lol. Not sure where I go from here, I would like to show at local 1 day shows to share them.
Then again, who knows!
Convinced, I'll wash behind scooters ears, trim his nails...can I polish them? to much?
gig.gif
Is there any prefered toilet water to spritz on him?
tongue2.gif

I love Brabanter chicks! Here's some of mine. They're not quite old enough to have those mohawks! Just ignore the 2 wheaten ameraucanas.

13729_picture_28.jpg

13729_picture_29.jpg

13729_picture_30.jpg

I hope to get to Farmington to see everyone's chickens!

-Cindy in MA

OMMMG! Thank you for posting them! Maybe at some point down the road you can swap a "egg"!!! The person I recieved my eggs from- God bless her, its given me a new interest in Chickens (maybe a curse- DH is still building shacks! LOL) and I would like to share this breed with others, like I do Scooter my Bantam Cochin.
Thanks for sharing them! I hope to meet you if you can get here, it would be super! The club just made new signs- cant miss them (unless your like me). It sure would be great to meet you, make sure you introduce yourself!

Last edited:
7083_blueboy71509.jpg

Here's one of the bantam cochin cockerels I will have for sale at the Basket Show.

This guy and his brothers are sweet friendly little guys who want to have their own flock and have a chance to CROW
lol.png

2 questions:

1. Do you have to be entered in the show to participate in the swap/trade portion?
2. Does the under 8 weeks (lot of 6) law apply at shows as well...I tried looking at previous posts and couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom