Bath tub ponds

I have a clawfoot tub that I positioned in the the ditch along the driveway so it would drain directly onto the ground. The sump pump water drains there already, so it seemed like a good idea. I built a lovely (in my opinion) ramp and small platform out of cedar fence boards so the ducks and geese could get in and out of the tub easily.

The problem? They hate it!! No one wants to get into the tub. They will, however, gladly mess up the water in the baby pool (which has to be bailed or tilted and drained) and the small stock tank (which has to be emptied).

I am considering raising water plants in it. The way they tear up my flower beds, I think they might find water plants irresistible and jump into the tub to spite me.

I have a clawfoot tub that I positioned in the the ditch along the driveway so it would drain directly onto the ground. The sump pump water drains there already, so it seemed like a good idea. I built a lovely (in my opinion) ramp and small platform out of cedar fence boards so the ducks and geese could get in and out of the tub easily.

The problem? They hate it!! No one wants to get into the tub. They will, however, gladly mess up the water in the baby pool (which has to be bailed or tilted and drained) and the small stock tank (which has to be emptied).

I am considering raising water plants in it. The way they tear up my flower beds, I think they might find water plants irresistible and jump into the tub to spite me.
Sorry, shouldn't laugh but I know what you mean Xxx

We have small pools and had a larger one (that ended in tragedy). Our circumstances have changed and I'm planning on digging out a hole to sit the bath in, hence any tips for the drainage. I am aware of most issues I think but thought it's worth an ask here xxx

I dug an above ground pool into the ground and no one would use it until I put the kiddie pool right by the edge where the could directly step into the deep from the shallows. They also avoid if they struggle to get out, so I have added an exit dock. With the dock and a fish cave they can stand on to preen, the kiddie pool lure is no longer needed. (Although it may still be necessary with the spring thaw.) Duck, goose, gosling and duckling approved.

Back
Top Bottom