Bator in Bedroom?

coffeemama

Barista Queen
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Oregono
Ok-so if this is a really silly question, please don't
smack.gif
me. I have a really large bedroom, with a built in desktop in the closet (no doors, only curtain). It is the warmest, most constant temp. room in the house. Are the chicks going to be so loud at any point that it will disturb our sleep? I of course will move them out of the room after they hatch. I am just having a bit of trouble stabilizing temps. in my cross current, drafty house.

They will only make loud peeping after they hatch, before that it is a bit quieter of a peeping. I bet you'll only have to deal with it for a day or two so they should be fine. When I incubate chicks, I always have them in the incubator set up at the foot of my bed. LOL. Doesn't bother mysleep because I'm awake watching them hatch!!!

Good point, but my husband and daughter are both heavy sleepers-like we could live next to an airstrip and they would stay asleep. Maybe I should sleep on the couch
lol.png

their peeping should not be any louder than the nine chicks that our banty broody hatched out ... we had the windows open all night and the banty bedded the chicks down right under the window, and they were peeping like mad again around daybreak ... actually we kind of liked the "music" and miss it now ...

if you think it might disturb you, you could always leave a radio playing all night, that might be enough white noise to trick your mind into thinking the peeping is just more commercials ...

EGADS!!! Be careful putting it in the bedroom!!! My first go at incubating and the 'bator went on the dresser in our bedroom. Guess what..... about 3am i woke up to a loud KABOOM, and an aweful stench. An egg burst open and i was told to remove it and never bring it back in again, LOL It now resides in the extra bathroom we never finished renovating, who cares if that stinks, it's a bathroom! Good luck where ever you place it

My incubators are upstairs in the front of the house. When my eggs began to pip and hatch I could hear the cheeping all the way downstairs in the livingroom. No kidding. I must have the loudest most vocal chicks of all time. I kid you not. Pipped eggs cheeping so loud I could hear them downstairs. I do not live in a cardboard 2 story modern house. I live in a 99 yr old walls as thick as a tree Virginia farmhouse. However, with that said - once they start to pip and hatch you'll be glued to the bator. You won't want to sleep or leave the house. I hope you have a good hatch!

Back
Top Bottom