Bator in Bedroom?

I have my bator in our bedroom on a dresser in the closet - no doors either - the only problem DH is having is I keep getting up in the middle of the night to check the temps - after a temp spiked killed the duck eggs I had - so other than me turning on the light everynight - having the bator in the bedroom is no problem.

Julie

smile.png
I have all my incubating and hatching going on *right there* (on a 4-shelf brass and glass unit) within arms reach of the bed (all the controls are on my night-stand and Hubby says it looks like "Mission Control". )
smile.png

Lisa

I've hatched them in the bedroom. They are really loud when they hatch - which is really exciting if your a chicken-person. The DH not so excited.
sad.png

I have my incubator in my bedroom, and only once have they disturbed my sleep...it was my last batch of seramas. I had one black cockerel hatch, and he was LOUD. I had 3/6 hatch at night, but the other 2 were somewhat quiet. He was obnoxious though.

Well after moving the bator to the bedroom, I have decided to move it back to the kitchen (no eggs in it yet). It is not related to potential peeping, but rather that the outlet in there keeps shutting off the bator! So, I'll be moving it back where it was happier, in the morning.

I have 2 bators full in the bedroom-hmmmmm. I guess I will be finding out.But if they were loud like the hova with the fan and turner-I would be pestered be them -or I've heard-a brower.these are very quiet-they just quitly ring when turning-and alarm when out of water.But I top off the water each day so thats no problem

I incubated ,hatched and am now brooding my chickies in my bedroom. They are 3 weeks old and have just started getting loud. Up until then I had to check them to make sure they were still quiet. As long as they had everything they needed, they were pretty much silent. Now they are starting to argue with each other and rough housing a bit. I think it's time to go into the shed brooder

I have my bator and brooder in my bedroom..but can't hear them peep..since I am hearing impaired and don't wear my hearing aids at nite..lol...but.. my mini pin tells me if one has hatched or started making noises..hahaha..

This morning it was time to take some out of one bator and put into another - well it was early 3 am - I couldn't sleep, and one of the eggs didn't lift out - I gave it a tug - OMG - it had been a while since I had smelled a truely rotten egg..............aaaaaakkkk! awful! Took almost 30 minutes to get it cleaned up and out of the house and the smell gone. I candled but must of missed this one......don't know if I can take another one of those. The bright side is it didn't explode - just smushed and got on me, the bator and ran out on the vanity.....whew........
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom