bator temp Help Yikes

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
Ok I bought a therm.with a humidity plus temp.reading on it from walmart cuz for the humidty reading since the little therm.that came w/bator didn't show humidity but now the temp.on the one from walmart is different than the one that came with the bator/The one reads 101 or so and the other one reads 104 or 105 the higher one is always the one from walmart so which one should I go with?ANd i have all the water in that the little thing will hold plus a little pan of h20 but the humidity is only saying 40%

What day is your hatch due? What # is today?

What kind of incuabtor are you using?

Does it have a fan?

Is it plugged into a surge protector?

Does it have a wafer thermostat?

Those old stick thermometers can be off a bit.

Do you have a still air or forced air? How long has it been running? Are the therms at the same level and same spot within the bator?

Ha..Miss Prissy.....great minds....yadda...yadda....
lol.png

it is just the little cheap still air one from tsc the therm,is the stick one that came w/ bator the other is a digital.I have had the bator on for about 24hr.s now with the temp consistent with the therm.that it came w/just bought the other therm.and have monkeying around wtih that for the last couple of hours recently moved both therm.close together so maybe that was the difference and the will put them at the same hght.too. no eggs yet just trying to get the temp.and humidity right before the eggs come.Maybe eggs tomorrow if all goes ok

Last edited:
I would let it run for a week before I put eggs in. Those LG's are at times a real pita.

Use a surge protector and you should have less temp spikes. You should get an extra thermostat wafer to keep on hand just in case you need it. It is rotten luck to be in a hatch and one of those things goes out. Even a new one can foul up on you.

Put eggs in only after it has been running consistantly for several days without much change. Once you put egg in don't change any of your settings. It will take it a couple hours to come back up to temp and settle down as the eggs are brought up to the same temps.

Good luck and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom