Batoring Brown store bought eggs ??

While gathering tossed veggies behind our local save a lot, I found eggs thrown away. I brought them home and laid them on a table in my back yard and forgot them. weeks later I opened them to see what was in them and fuond most of them had fetus's in them. they had no heat other than the sun and our hot tennessee weather. i was amazed. Wish I had checked them the day I got them.

I have been wondering about this especially with the new eggs that are "cage free" and "free range" that the stores now sell. I hope this works for you. Let us know.
Becky

I hatched out 3 chicks from eggs bought while on a trip to San Francisco several years ago. They were brown eggs, but hatched out what looked like leghorn chickens. One died and 2 remained that I named Frick and Frack. I rehomed them at some point.It was a fun experiment. The kids got to pick the "lucky dozen" that we bought.
wink.png

go for it,you have nothing to lose and in about 10 days you should know for sure..

but as for what kind of chicken layed the egg?? I don't know about that... they could be a cross breed.
probably not, but could be..

If they are fertile, most likely they are not caged layers..

.....jiminwisc.......

I was talking to a man who has some local Tyson layer houses. He said they put those things (can't think of what they are called) on the roo's noses that keep them from seeing so much/pecking/whatever. This leads me to believe the large white tyson eggs from this area, at least, are quite possibly fertile. Strange thought. I know you can buy eggs that say they are fertile, too.

Good luck!!!!!
smile.png
I have hatched refrigerated eggs (not store eggs though) and they did fine.
smile.png

ive hatched refirdgerated egss that were in the frideg for three days so if you bought them fertil and they are relatively fresh than they have a good chance. good luck
big_smile.png

Well I got a old kind of light fixture,like they used to use.But we had them too.Then I took a toogle switch electric cord and spliced the wires to the screws on the light fixture.Then I got a 100 watt flurosent energy saver bulb,the new kind and put it in there.Then I got a pvc top without hole in it that is used for capping off water lines.It is hard to explain,lol.Then I got a piece of stove pipe smaller than the pvc cover,and I got someone to cut a hole in the pvc cover in the top that is not no bigger than 1 1/4 in..And the pvc cover is 4 in..And the the white cover is the thick kind.Please be careful not to splice the wires back to far because it could cause a fire.I always sit mine on a plate.
Then put stove pipe over the light fixture,and then the pvc next.Then you got a real nice candler.It is really a good one and don`t cost so much and you can see through it really good.I got mine from a hard ware store.If I get my cord looked up to my printer I will send you a picture.But it is not hard to do.Very simple,,,Sandra you don`t want your hole too big because the egg will fall through.

Quote:
So I just candled an egg, and I didn't see a spot, just the little bubble thingy at the wide end. So that means it isn't fertile?

Back
Top Bottom