Battery Hens?

babyspice35

Songster
10 Years
Mar 10, 2009
Maui Wowee
So I was snooping along on Youtube, and saw videos of adopted ex-battery hens in their first moments of freedom.

I was nonetheless touched, as I'm sure many of you chicken-loving people would be, and followed the link to the website, where the people had adopted the hens. It was called Battery Hen Welfare Trust. www.thehenshouse.co.uk

Then I realized that it was only in the UK.
barnie.gif

Assuming that we MUST have one of these kinds of programs in the United States, I began googling it.

My search result... NOTHING! I couldn't find one place that had anything even similar to this. How could that be? Doesn't the U.S. have the most battery caged hens in the world?
hu.gif

So I'm asking if anyone has seen or heard of a website or organization similar to this, with rescuing battery hens.

Also- any thoughts on this subject would also be interesting to hear. How could you start an organization like that... and would it even be worth it- would the companies just buy new hens? Or perhaps would it be saving the hens from a short-lived life...?

Excited to hear a response!
pop.gif

Mahalo!
~Kelsey
jumpy.gif

I have a post on here right now for the exact same thing. I haven't had any luck yet but I'm not giving up. I have several families interested in adopting them as pets.

Back
Top Bottom