Bay Area BYCers!

Attention Local Cream Legbar owners/breeders

I will be hosting a Cream Legbar gathering in Novato on May 17th at 9am. Walt Lenard (Fowlman01) will attend to offer evaluation and instruction.

So far, we are expecting 15-20 birds, but would love for more people to bring their Cream Legbars. If you are a breeder, wanting to breed toward the standard this is a great opportunity for you to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your line so you know what to focus on.

For anyone interested in attending, and bringing bird please PM me. I will reply with more information about the event and a link to the Club website where you can register . Attendance is FREE.

Attention Local Cream Legbar owners/breeders

I will be hosting a Cream Legbar gathering in Novato on May 17th at 9am. Walt Lenard (Fowlman01) will attend to offer evaluation and instruction.

So far, we are expecting 15-20 birds, but would love for more people to bring their Cream Legbars. If you are a breeder, wanting to breed toward the standard this is a great opportunity for you to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your line so you know what to focus on.

For anyone interested in attending, and bringing bird please PM me. I will reply with more information about the event and a link to the Club website where you can register . Attendance is FREE.
can I go even if i don't have them?

Only if you get some
big_smile.png
darn Im maxed lol

Hi Guys! We are in Oakley- East Bay :) Our Ameraucana ladies are 7 weeks old and getting ready to move from my office to their new outdoor enclosed chicken run and coop. They have been off the heat lamp for 2 weeks (we keep our house at 66* at night and 68* during the day). We're hoping they transition outside without much fuss :) Just wanted to say hi since I just found this Bay Area thread.

Last edited:
Hi Guys! We are in Oakley- East Bay :) Our Ameraucana ladies are 7 weeks old and getting ready to move from my office to their new outdoor enclosed chicken run and coop. They have been off the heat lamp for 2 weeks (we keep our house at 66* at night and 68* during the day). We're hoping they transition outside without much fuss :) Just wanted to say hi since I just found this Bay Area thread.

Welcome!

Hi Guys! We are in Oakley- East Bay
smile.png
Our Ameraucana ladies are 7 weeks old and getting ready to move from my office to their new outdoor enclosed chicken run and coop. They have been off the heat lamp for 2 weeks (we keep our house at 66* at night and 68* during the day). We're hoping they transition outside without much fuss
smile.png
Just wanted to say hi since I just found this Bay Area thread.
welcome-byc.gif
We are just a few miles from you! Your chicks should transistion fine and love it outside! I have a group of almost 5 week old chicks that are almost fully feathered and will be going into an outside brooder area as soon as I get it cleaned out for them. They are playing in an outside temporary pen for a few hours each day and loving it!

Thanks for the welcome =) Debi- Are you providing a heat lamp at night for your chicks when they go outside? I am on the fence, its getting warmer and I would rather not.

@JessicaJ , as long as you don't have nights that are cooler than 50 degrees and your babies are fully feathered, they should be just fine without a heat lamp.

Oh and
welcome-byc.gif
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom