Bay Area Input Needed!

zooinmypocket

Songster
5 Years
Aug 21, 2016
California
Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some input from people who live around the SF Bay Area. I am looking to expand my small pet-quality chick business and what I was hoping to get is some input on what local chicken keepers would want to buy. My current availability is ornamentals, dual-purpose, and egg-layer sex-link hybrids. My sex-links come from my dual-purpose flocks - SLW, BO, RIR (working on a Dominique flock) so I create gold and black sex links normally. My ornamentals are seramas, silkies, polish, and LF cochins. I tend to have consistency with the dual-purpose, but ornamentals are not. If anyone can let me know what breeds you would be open to buying or even any new breeds that I can look into. Thanks in advance.

I do know that there are several people all over the USA who would love to buy real Dutch. There are a lot of people in the USA who bought mixes (not knowing) and are disappointed if they hear the Dutch are mixes (often with OEG). It seems very hard to buy Dutch that fit the standard.

Dutch are great little chickens for a backyard, they love the sun and have no problems with temps around 100F if they have fresh water and enough shade to cool down.

Please post some photos of you’re chickens. Love to see them.

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some input from people who live around the SF Bay Area. I am looking to expand my small pet-quality chick business and what I was hoping to get is some input on what local chicken keepers would want to buy. My current availability is ornamentals, dual-purpose, and egg-layer sex-link hybrids. My sex-links come from my dual-purpose flocks - SLW, BO, RIR (working on a Dominique flock) so I create gold and black sex links normally. My ornamentals are seramas, silkies, polish, and LF cochins. I tend to have consistency with the dual-purpose, but ornamentals are not. If anyone can let me know what breeds you would be open to buying or even any new breeds that I can look into. Thanks in advance.

Where in the bay are you if I can ask? I want to expand the genetic diversity of my flock and have a strong interest in silkies, bantams, and polish. Would love to buy some eggs

I do know that there are several people all over the USA who would love to buy real Dutch. There are a lot of people in the USA who bought mixes (not knowing) and are disappointed if they hear the Dutch are mixes (often with OEG). It seems very hard to buy Dutch that fit the standard.

Dutch are great little chickens for a backyard, they love the sun and have no problems with temps around 100F if they have fresh water and enough shade to cool down.

Please post some photos of you’re chickens. Love to see them.

Ok I'll put a few posts here of my breeders

My Seramas

20200617_183807.jpg

20200617_183559.jpg

New pullets -First year breeders

20200617_183537.jpg

2nd Year Breeders

My Silkies

20200617_183655.jpg

My new rooster I am integrating, my old rooster died protecting his girls

20200617_183643.jpg

My main breeders