Bay Area BYCers!

Yes
smile.png

Hmmm can we get Karen & Dr Dan's events together somehow?
Here's the info for Karen https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/california-meetups

I have this page open for anyone who wants to post meetups. If you'd like to add to it just remember to go back and remove it later. Please be careful not to delete anyone else's posts if there are any. ummmm YEAH! I've done that. I've learned to copy the whole dang thing when something is there, just so I can repost and edit.

For those who don't know, there are also other pages that you can add or get info from. The link to the main page is at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/565482/california-the-whole-state-thread/0_20
Other pages can be found through that page. If you'd like to add you breeder info you need to copy and paste the format at the bottom of the breeder page and change the info to your own. PM it to me and I'll add you to the list.

I would be interested in coming. Just let me know when & where & I will gladly help. The last one I went to in the Bay Area was Jeremy's at Knowland Zoo. Cheryl had 4 before that but she is gone to Mexico........I guess you can say she "flew the coop"....LOL. Any of you Bay Area members are welcomed to join the Northern California thread & Delta Meetup Group at the party I am having here in Turlock in May. Just put Karen's party in the little search box & it will tell you all about it.

Last edited:
I'm always interested in a chicken get together!!!
wink.png

I've held several for a local chicken list. Not swaps or bring your biddies with you meetings; but get togethers at a local family friendly restaurant. I hope to have another one after Memorial Day.
I hold them in the Fremont-Milpitas-Newark-Union City area.

I've held several for a local chicken list. Not swaps or bring your biddies with you meetings; but get togethers at a local family friendly restaurant. I hope to have another one after Memorial Day.
Just so you know. Union City Texas Roadhouse is my favorite. LOL

I lived in Fremont once upon a time in another life I think............. Up near the Mission area above Irvington.

here's the latest from Dr. Jessica Baldwin about the Sunday, May 18 event at Shone Farm ... pls. print out a copy of the flyer from the link so you'll know about the speakers and their topics and the events for the day !! Reply-To: Date: 08 Apr 2014 12:24:29 -0700 To: Subject: [chickenchatcoop] SPRING FLING FLYER At SHONE FARM again. This looks great!!! I hope you ALL Can go. There are lots of good speakers, yummy (we hope) potluck. Free event again too! Here is a link to the flyer---- please print and post a copy anywhere you shop for chicken supplies. Post on line if you have posted at a particular feed store so people will not overlap too much in their efforts. http://www2.santarosa.edu/f/?nBELKIVY A bit closer to the event, I will post an RSVP to try to get a general head count from our group. It is an open to the public event- so there will be lots of people besides CCC folks- but Dr Dan will be trying to estimate- for seating. See the next posting for the EGG RAINBOW info.... and ..... :love Subject: [chickenchatcoop] Egg Rainbow for the SPRING FLING 2014 Hello all! There will be an egg rainbow at the spring fling. Dr Dan wants to make a long term preserved egg rainbow- with several FLATS of eggs. I am putting out a general call for egg donations- (a plea!) anyone within easy driving distance of either Analy Veterinary Hospital in Sebastopol (Dr Jess Baldwin) or Heritage Veterinary Hospital in Santa Rosa (Dr Dan Famini). Please drop off from 6-24 (or more if you have bountiful chickens) eggs in the next month of the widest range of color you can provide. They will become a permanent teaching piece at the SRJC. Please do me the favor of blowing them out prior- so I won't have to blow out 100s of eggs..... We need white eggs, light brown, med brown, dark brown, blue, green, olive ect. thank you !!!! Jess California Wine Country Chicken Chat

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom