Bay Area BYCers!

Hey There,
I'd like to invite anyone to join us for the Heirloom Festival in Santa Rosa next week. On Tuesday, Sept 9th, is the poultry judging, lectures, etc., and we'll meet for a picnic lunch at noon, at the tables in front of the racetrack, Sonoma County Fairgrounds. I'll have a tablecloth and balloons, so look for us chicken folk! This will be the fourth or fifth gathering...when the festival started, we started getting together for a picnic.
Hope to see you all! http://theheirloomexpo.com/

Dawn

Hey There,
I'd like to invite anyone to join us for the Heirloom Festival in Santa Rosa next week.  On Tuesday, Sept 9th, is the poultry judging, lectures, etc., and we'll meet for a picnic lunch at noon, at the tables in front of the racetrack, Sonoma County Fairgrounds.  I'll have a tablecloth and balloons, so look for us chicken folk! This will be the fourth or fifth gathering...when the festival started, we started getting together for a picnic.
Hope to see you all!  http://theheirloomexpo.com/

Dawn
Anyone coming from or through Berkeley? I would love to attend but need a ride!

Last edited:
Shucks! Guess I'll have to try to convince my boyfriend that chickens are as cool as I think they are.
fl.gif

Does anyone have an incubator I can borrow in a few weeks? I live in Union City (just north of Fremont) and hoping to find one locally. I'm going to hatch some Cream Legbar and Cream legbar/Bielefelder crosses. I be happy to rent it or return it with fertile eggs (these are autosexing chickens so you would be able to tell if they were pullets or roos on hatch day).

Thanks,
Deborah

I just Found out that Saba live Poultry in East Oakland will cull and butcher birds for $5 each! Does anyone have experience taking their own stock there? I'm planning on going monday unless someone can give me a compelling reason not to.

Tyvm!! I have been looking for someone to do ducks for a month!! They were great on the phone.
Does anyone have an incubator I can borrow in a few weeks?   I live in  Union City (just north of Fremont) and hoping to find one locally.  I'm going to hatch some Cream Legbar and Cream legbar/Bielefelder crosses.  I be happy to rent it or return it with fertile eggs (these are autosexing chickens so you would be able to tell if they were pullets or roos on hatch day).     

Thanks,
Deborah

Im in san jose and my cabinet is on atm. If you want to come down we can work something out.

Tyvm!! I have been looking for someone to do ducks for a month!! They were great on the phone.
Im in san jose and my cabinet is on atm. If you want to come down we can work something out.
Thanks but I'm looking to hatch at home. My daughter loves working with the chicks and she would like to see the full process.

Deborah

-Im in san jose and my cabinet is on atm. If you want to come down we can work something out.

Does anyone know of any local sources for hay bales? And by local, I mean SF east bay, or within a reasonable distance. We're hosting a pumpkin party for my kids' school and we promised a hay bale maze. Cheap is good, free even better. They'll be returned as good as new. I have checked with Concord Farm & Feed and they sell them to you and if they're returned in good condition you get a chunk of money back,so essentially a rental. I'd like to get something a little cheaper though.
We'll also have around 100 pumpkins worth of pumpkin goop. Any use to anyone? I'm sure there must be some pigs out there who'd love this.

Does anyone know of any local sources for hay bales? And by local, I mean SF east bay, or within a reasonable distance. We're hosting a pumpkin party for my kids' school and we promised a hay bale maze. Cheap is good, free even better. They'll be returned as good as new. I have checked with Concord Farm & Feed and they sell them to you and if they're returned in good condition you get a chunk of money back,so essentially a rental. I'd like to get something a little cheaper though.
We'll also have around 100 pumpkins worth of pumpkin goop. Any use to anyone? I'm sure there must be some pigs out there who'd love this.
The Biofuel Oasis in Berkeley always has straw bales in stock. You could try them.

Yesterday, Walt Leonard gave a talk at the Santa Rosa, Ca., show about showing birds, how they are judged, as well as feather quality, and conformation. We were able to ask questions, and he replied to each and everyone graciously. It was a great, very interesting, captivating, and educational experience for all who have attended. Thank you, Walt!!

Lual

Back
Top Bottom