Bay Area BYCers!

[quote url="[URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6747934/[/URL]"] Here are some of my Orps.
This hen really caught my eye, Lual! Wow, these are gorgeous birds! They seem very balanced and not over-done as some Orps look, as you were describing.
LL
Holy smokes, these are the cutest leopard-print chicks ever! [/quote] Thank you, Dawn for your kind comment! Lual

How exciting! It is always a wonderful experience to see them being born. I hope you post photos of your brand new fizzy babies
1f423.png
Lual
there are actually 8 out so far, but here are two of the silver campines:
Ohh my goodness! they are adorable and so pretty! I never saw a pattern like that on a chick before! Lual ----------------------------------- Sorry for individual replies. My IPad is not allowing me to make multi replies.

This hen really caught my eye, Lual! Wow, these are gorgeous birds! They seem very balanced and not over-done as some Orps look, as you were describing.

LL

Holy smokes, these are the cutest leopard-print chicks ever!

aren't they adorable? they are silver campines, and look nothing like their adult plumage:

Thank you for your kind comment, Dear Deann! i don't remember if I sent you the photos of your Mr. T's grandson. He is a bit over a year old, and almost 13 pounds. A big, handsome, sensitive boy who has no idea of his size just like Floyd was
1f600.png
I am thrilled with his conformation!

Lual
No, I'd love to see him.

My first hatch of the year will be starting this weekend...

At least a dozen Imported BBS bantam Orpington eggs going in. These eggs are from birds that a friend of mine brought in directly from the United Kingdom last year. The type on these bantams is astounding- they make the bantams I have now look downright scrawny.
tongue.png

I'll also be setting LF Imported Orps, and bantams from my own flock.

I'm about to have A LOT of Orpy fuzz butts running around in a few short weeks.
big_smile.png

Hmmm, didn't realize you were breeding.
roll.png
Some day I would love a couple of NHs. I have a hatchery NH that I like, but would love to have the real thing. A couple of Ko Shamos would look groovy in my bantam coop too. I got what was supposed to be a Jubilee Orp (project), but she looks more like a Cochin cross (or whatever was used for the color) with her leg stubble! The cuckoo Orp is good though. Can you post a few pics of your Jubilee Orps so I can see what they are supposed to look like.

Here's mine. Not the best pictures. They are suspicious of the camera.

Your Cuckoo girl is very pretty!
I've been tempted by Lavender Cuckoo Orps myself...
love.gif

My first hatch of the year will be starting this weekend...

At least a dozen Imported BBS bantam Orpington eggs going in. These eggs are from birds that a friend of mine brought in directly from the United Kingdom last year. The type on these bantams is astounding- they make the bantams I have now look downright scrawny. :p

I'll also be setting LF Imported Orps, and bantams from my own flock.

I'm about to have A LOT of Orpy fuzz butts running around in a few short weeks. :D  

How exciting, Jeremy! What color LF Orp., chicks will you be hatching?

Lual

Back
Top Bottom