Bay area, Fort bragg, Willits, Ukiah, Sacramento, Tracy, CA or Reno

SunnyDawn

Sun Lovin' Lizard
10 Years
Sep 12, 2009
Nor Cal
or anywhere in between? Want to share an order of pure bred, large fowl, black ameraucanas? Straight run only from Chick Hatchery (he's a breeder and president of the Ameraucana Breeders Club, and doesn't sex his chicks). I have to order a minimum of 25 and I only want 5 or so. I will be ordering soon for shipment in spring.
My husband and I travel from Reno to the Bay Area often (that's where we're from and 2 of our kids and grandkids still live) and also travel up to Fort Bragg (to see kids and grandkids that moved there recently). I can transport chicks to anywhere along those routes. Can't ship chicks 2-3 days old, need food and water by 3 days of age, but I can deliver if it's not too far off the beaten path (my beaten path anyway).
Send me a PM or respond here if interested. THANKS!

Sunny

So, if these are really true Ameraucanas, (sounds like they are), I wonder if he could give you 5 splash, or 5 mixed spash and blue in your order of 25 for me. I am in American Canyon, just off Highway 80 right above Vallejo.

I'd also be interested in 5, especially if it were possible to order lavender or blue in addition to the black. These are John Blehm's correct?

I live just south of Placerville but in the spring I'm sure I could get DH to agree to a road trip to Cabela's again! Sacramento is also a possibility.

Okay, just talked myself into 5, maybe 10 if there's a choice in color.

Last edited:
Quote:
I know exactly where you are, we go right through there on our way to Fort Bragg.
Yes they are real ameraucanas (a rare thing these days) but he does not have splash or blues, he has blacks (which are the largest and have the best lay rate and second best score for egg color), wheaten (not as friendly/docile), lavenders (which rate lowest on his egg color scale), silvers (smallest but have the best egg color) and buffs (egg color not as good, like the lavenders).
You have to order at least 25 total and only the silvers and wheatens can be ordered in a minimum of 10 (as long as your total is 25 or more), all others are a minimum order of 25.
You can check out his website at chickhatchery.com

Last edited:
Quote:
Awesome! You are the first person I've heard from in BYC that lives close. You are interested in the blacks? They aren't the prettiest of the ameraucanas but they have the best lay rate and also rate high on the egg color scale. They are also rated the best for body size and shape. You can check out his website at chickhatchery.com

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes they are John Blehm's. You are also close to Auburn, which we go right through, although the road to Sac looks a lot easier to navigate. I sent you a more detailed response to the PM you sent. Looks like we have close to enough people interested to add 10 silvers (I wouldn't mind 3 - 5 of these even though they are small, since the egg color rates so high).

Last edited:
It would be awesome if we could get 2 more folks interested, since ChanceRider wants a few silvers as well (that would make the order total 35). Anyone else?

I'm in Saratoga (next to San Jose/an hour south of SF). I may be interested... gonna check the website out...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom